Five-Star Rating System
We’re going to add all these stars up, we’re going to come out with a total star count of 16.5 stars. We’re going to take those 16. 5 stars, we’re going to divide them by four and we’re going to come up with an average star rating of 4.125 which is probably one of the best ratings I’ve ever given a pod/AIO kit. I love this thing. It is 100% DeucesJack approved.
I already gushed over this thing. I love the looks of it. I’m giving it a solid 4.5 stars.
coil performance. I already told you, that 0.15ohm coil is just fantastic. The 0.3 and the 0.2 are good as well. But I love that 0.15. I got to ding them a little bit in this department because they didn’t include the RBA head, I would have liked to have seen that. Even with the ding, they’re still getting a solid 4 stars.
It’s fully adjustable and very smooth. I got no issues with it. I’m giving them 4 stars.
I’ve been seeing it anywhere from $40-50 depending on which model. Of course the S is lower priced, the internal battery mod. I gotta be honest with you, for the $10 disparity, I would go with the X. I like the fact that you get 20 more watts. I like the fact that you can switch your battery on the fly. I just think it’s a nicer mod. It’s a little taller. But you also get that 0.15ohm coil. In the value category, I got to give it another 4 stars.
- Looks: It is drop dead gorgeous. It is by far the best looking Drag Voopoo has ever made. Period. End of story. I love the subtle branding on the leather. The leather feels nice in your hand. I like the paint finish on it. I like the screen. I like the looks of this thing a lot. They did a beautiful job on it. Kudos to you, Voopoo
- Build Quality: I already touched on it. It’s got nice build quality.
- Smooth Airflow: it gets a little loud. But very smooth and a nice restrictive type of poll to it.
- Adjustable Airflow
- Great Colors: It comes in some great colors. Did I say I love the looks of this thing? I love the looks of this thing. I like the different leather colors. Big, big pro.
- Nice Capacity
- Type-c Charging
- Simple Menu System
- Flavor and Clouds on this thing, man. It’s just banging. Especially on that 0.15ohm mesh coil.
- Drip Tip: First con is going to be the drip tip. The drip tip. It’s built in. It’s very comfortable, it’s very 510-ish, I just wish it was removable. It’s a con.
- No RBA Included: You got an RBA mode but you didn’t come out with the kit yet. I don’t like when companies do that. Should have been included in the kit. You should have gotten it done. It’s a con.
- Drip Tip Gets Hot when Chainvaping: Only happens when I’m vaping the 0.15ohm coil at maximum wattage at 80W. But if I chain vape this thing at 80W, I can feel the heat coming through that plastic. That tip gets a little hot. It’s a nitpicky con, maybe not a lot of people will experience it, but I did and I got to point it out.
- X Lacks Auto Draw: while the S has auto draw, the X does not. Why? Why did you put an auto draw on one and not on the other? I like the auto draw feature on the S. It’s a con.
- Badge System: taking up valuable screen space? Why do I even get to look at it? It’s ridiculous. I don’t want bronze, silver and iron badges on my screen that mean nothing to me is a vaper. Give me a break, Voopoo. You guys got to be kidding me, man. You got to stop shooting yourself in the foot with stupid stuff. And that badge screen is stupid. It’s a big con. Every time I look at that screen it just annoys me, man.
What’s up, Insiders! How are you guys doing today? Today, I got a little treat for you. We’re going to do a two for one! We’re going over the Drag X and S!
The X is a maximum wattage single 18650 pod/mod kit. And the S is a built-in battery 2500mAh, and it goes up to 60W.
From Top To Bottom
Let’s get back to the mod. Nice looking mod, man. Check that out. Nice fire buttons, got a little bit of a raise to it. Those are the up and down buttons. Type-c charging over here. Really, really nice. I like that. Nice, bright, vivid screen. We’ll go over that in a second.
Some more subtle Voopoo branding. Voopoo, I like that. I like this texture here. Really nice kind of texture. And I’m really diggin the Drag part here for once. I like the fact that it’s very subtle. It’s not big bright, they didn’t put it in red lettering. Nice job, Voopoo! Over here, you have some Gene chip branding as well.
This is the internal battery one. You can see, you got these little feet on the bottom here. This is a 2500mAh internal battery.
Check out that airflow, though. Nice airflow. See this little knob right here? You can open and close that airflow like that. Kind of nice, man. Got stoppers on both ends. Most of the times I’ve been running it like around halfway open like that. Okay, but really, really nice job on this.
Now, let’s go over the pod itself. 510 sort of opening. It is an attached drip tip. It does not come off.
Pop it off, just like that. And you can see it’s pretty dry. I will not lie, I do get some condensation and I’ll explain that in a minute.
Here’s your coil right here. And you have three magnets right there. This one is not a magnet right here. It’s like a pin that is holding your fill port gasket in place. Let me show you what I’m talking about. You want to fill this up. You just push it to the side like that, and you fill it up. Nice big opening. I do like that. Needle nose bottles only apply. Once you’re done filling it, you just pop it in just like that.
But overall, a pretty nice looking tank section. I wish it was a little lighter so you can see the juice a little better, but it’s not terrible.
You can see some Voopoo branding on the coil. Now, if we turn it over here, it says, 0.2ohm. Good for 40-60W.
This is a mesh coil. Inside, you can see, it’s got that honeycomb type of mesh.
The second coil you get, you can see it’s a 0.3hm coil. This one’s good for 32-40W.
And you can see inside, the same type of honeycomb mesh, just a little higher in the resistance category.
Now, just to be clear, when you buy the X kit, you’re going to get the 0.3ohm coil that I just showed you, with the 0.15ohm coil that’s good for 60-80W.
And look how much tighter that mesh is in there. This coil is absolutely banging. This is the best coil among both kits. You only get it in the X kit. And if I were you, I would buy the X kit just because of this coil. Because this coil is absolutely phenomenal. I like it the best out of all three of them. So just to clear things up. The Drag S gets the 0.2ohm and 0.3ohm coil. The Drag X gets the 0.15ohm coil and the 0.3ohm coil. I just want to make sure you’re aware of that before you go out and buy this kit. I wanted to be clear about it.
Five clicks off. Five clicks on. You can see, this thing boots up pretty fast. The screen is as
There’s your mode. Right now I’m in smart mode. There’s your battery life. Lock or unlock. 60W, W for wattage. There is the resistance of your coil. I got the 0.15ohm coil in there. There is your puff counter in seconds. Here is your puff counter. And this thing right here, they did like a bronze gold silver iron, depending on how many puffs you have and how hard you vape on this thing.
They’re giving you like little awards down here. Very gimmicky. Kind of pissed off that they’re taking up screen space with such nonsense. I don’t like it at all. It really serves no function. I don’t need an award for how I’m puffing. Who gives a shit? But it doesn’t affect anything on the performance. They explain it here in the manual, it says they give you a score that’s upgraded to different levels, depending on how hard, I guess, you vape on this thing. It’s stupid. And I really don’t want to see that shit on my screen. It is absolutely a con. I have no need for this nonsense.
Juice we’re going to be using today is Johnny’s Juice, All Over Her Face. It’s like a peach nectarine and cream juice.
First thing you want to do, you want to take your juice bottle, and you just want to prime that coil a little bit. Put a little juice down the middle there, and then just prime your wicking ports. Very, very simple. Just get them started with some juice.
Once you’re all primed up, take your pod, take your coil, and it’s just boom, baby. Plug and play. You just pop it right in there just like so.
Once you’re done popping it in there, pull your little gasket to the side there, maybe hold it down with your finger. Take your juice bottle and give it a nice squeeze. Once it’s all filled up, take your little gasket, pop it in there, make sure it’s nice and flush. And even though you primed it, you might want to let it sit for a couple of minutes.
While we’re letting that sit. Let’s go over the interior here. You can see, you have three gold plated contacts right here, you have this ledge, see that? See that ledge right there? You have this ledge. And the interesting thing is, see how the coil kind of hangs below? When you pop the coil in there, the magnets stick to the ledge, yet the coil makes contact with the contacts. It’s a nice system, I have no issues with it. My only issue is every once in a while I get some condensation in here, under here, where I’m showing you. And once in a while it might build up enough to come out the airflow. What I do is I kind of put my mouth over this whole part and I blow out to get some of the condensation out of there. It’s definitely not leaking, it’s just condensation. Because I guess the heat that the coil is generating is generating some condensation underneath here.
So I just want you to be aware of that if you get any type of liquid coming out of here, it’s more likely condensation. Because I have put like four or five coils through these tanks already. They have not leaked, they’ve been pretty dry.
Let me show them to you side by side. You can see the S is slightly shorter than the X. Honestly, if I got a choice between buying the two, I’m going with the external battery one, the x, every day and twice on Sunday.
I think for a size comparison, a good line to compare it against would be the Vaporesso Pm line. This is the internal battery Vaporesso. This is the external battery Vaporesso. So you can see, very, very similar to the X. The X is a little bigger, but also looks a little nicer. Same thing on the other side here. The S is a little bigger, but again, looks like a more high quality mod. Let me show you what I’m talking about. I mean, look, the build quality wise, man. I just think the X beats it. Hands down against the Vaporesso. Same thing on the S, it just looks like a more solidly built pod system and both of them vape very much like each other. But I like the looks of the S much better.
What’s In The Box
Also included in the packaging, you’re going to get a type-c USB cable. That’s kind of nice. I like that. You’re going to get two coils .
Let’s go over some of the specs on the Voopoo Drag S.
- It is primarily made out of zinc alloy and leather.
- It has a 60W maximum output.
- It measures in at 28 x 33 x 87mm and it weighs in at 146.6g.
- It has a 4.5ml capacity.
- Will fire down to a 0.1ohm.
- It has a built-in 2500mAh battery.
- Included in the kit, a 0.2ohm mesh coil and a 0.3ohm mesh coil.
- The S also has an auto draw feature.
The Drag X
- primarily made out of zinc alloy and leather.
- It measures in at 95 x 28 x 32.5mm.
- It takes a single 18650 battery with a maximum wattage output of 80W.
- It also fires down 2.1ohm and it will hold 4.5ml of juice.
- In the kit, you get the 0.3ohm mesh coil, as well as the 0.15ohm mesh coil.
Don’t forget, Insiders! Head on over to our Facebook group page Vaping Insider Community. It’s a fantastic place the feed flies. It is very active. We’ve got over 11,000 members. They’re very newbie friendly, very civil. I’m there all the time. I’d love to see you there. We also started a brand new Reddit sub forum under the Vaping Insider name. I’d like to see it there as well.
That’s it, Insiders. That’s all I got for you guys today. You keep living that vape life. We’re out of here. Deuces.
- Build Quality
- Smooth Airflow
- Adjustable Airflow
- Great Colors
- Nice Capacity
- Type-c Charging
- Simple Menu System
- Flavor and Clouds
- Drip Tip
- No RBA Included
- Drip Tip Gets Hot when Chainvaping
- X Lacks Auto Draw
- Badge System