Five-Star Rating System
We’re going to take all these stars, we’re going to add them all up and we’re going to get a total star count of 12. Now we’re going to take these 12 stars, we’re going to divide it by 4 and we’re going to get an average score of 3, which is about a half a point above average because I consider 2.5 stars about average. And I’ll tell you what, for what you get, It definitely is an above average kit. It’s nothing Oh my god, it’s nothing that you got to go run out and buy. But if you’re looking to replace something like the Caliburn, if your Caliburn dies and you can’t get one here in the States, you might want to give this one a look. It will come close. It’s not as good but it will come close.
It’s sleek, it’s small, it’s sexy looking, it’s pocketable. I’m going to give it a 3.5 star rating in the looks department.
We kind of spoke about that already. The airflow is very smooth. Depending on which pod you run, you can get a loose mouth-to-lung to a middle of the road sort of tight mouth-to-lung. I like the fact that there are options in this kit. The airflow is good. I wish it was adjustable but with these smaller systems, it’s hard to do adjustable airflow. In this category, I’m going to rate it a half a point above average, we’re going to go with 3 stars.
I already touched on that as well, I do like the round wire pod better. The mesh does have very good flavor, it’s just not my type of mouth-to-lung vape. Both pods have really good flavor. We’re going to give it another half a point above average, I would put it at 3 stars.
In the value department, I’ve been seeing this thing anywhere from $20-28. At 20 bucks, pretty good deal for the build quality you get and the vape quality that you get. Once we start approaching that $30 range, I don’t know if it’s such a good deal anymore. I’m going to give it an average score of 2.5 stars.
- No Leaking: First pro is going to be these pods are bone dry. Bone Dry. I got no condensation, no leaking, no nothing. Awesome job on that, Vaporesso.
- You get two pods in the kit. You get a round wire 1.2ohm pod and you get a mesh pod. That’s a pro.
- It’s got very smooth airflow.
- Super simple to use. Drop that pod in there and you’re vaping baby.
- It’s got really good flavor. I know I already said it has smooth air flow. But I also want to talk about the air flow in the pros as well. The mesh pod has a little bit more airflow. It’s like a loose mouth-to-lung. The round wire pod is definitely a little tighter, but not as tight as the Caliburn. The round wire pod is actually my sort of mouth-to-lung vape as opposed to the loose one on the mesh. Both are nice, both have good flavor. I just like the difference in the two pods.
- Lots of Choices: I like the fact that you have choices in this kit. If you’re a loose MTL, you can run that mesh pod If you like a little bit of a tighter mouth-to-lung vape, you can run that round wire pod. I like options so I got to give them a pro for that.
- I like the fact that it’s auto draw, I ain’t got to push no buttons.
- It’s got good capacity at 2ml.
- Compact and Pocketable: It’s small, its compact, it’s pocketable. You can put this thing in an inside jacket pocket, shirt pocket, front jeans pocket, any pocket you want to put it in, you are good to go.
- I’m getting really good battery life 900mAh considering you’re only running it at 11W or 16W depending on the pod you choose, you’re going to get good battery life.
- Power Button on the Bottom: First con is going to be, you guys know it’s a pet peeve of mine, and I know you can’t push the button to fire on this but the fact that they put the power button on the bottom just burns me up, man. I don’t like that. Especially on something where you had plenty of real estate, put the power button anywhere else except on the bottom. It’s just a pet peeve of mine. I don’t like it.
- Pods Wiggle a Bit: The pods, the fit of the pods, they got a little bit of a wiggle to them. Very, very nitpicky con. You don’t feel them wiggle while you’re vaping but I would have liked to have seen them be a little snugger.
- No Type C Charging: And the last con is going to be that micro USB port. Listen, for now on whoever does micro USB ports gets cons on this channel. Type C is the way to go. I want to see type C ports.
But that’s it on the cons. I mean really, really hard to find cons on this device. It’s actually a really nice little device.
What’s up, Insiders? DeucesJack at Vaping Insider. Today I got another little pod kit for you. We’re talking about the Vaporesso Xtra.
What’s In The Box?
Also included in the packaging, you get:
- Anti counterfeiting instruction card
- user manual, you basically get a spec sheet on your pods here.
- 0.8ohm Mesh Coil: Now the one with the red filling port is the 0.8ohm mesh. With the red one, you get 16W out of the device.
- 1.2ohm regular coil The one with the gray is the 1.2ohm regular coil. With the gray one, you get 11W.
- Warranty Card
- Micro USB Cable: a rather nice micro USB cable.
- 1.2ohm pod And this is your 1.2ohm pod right there that I’ll unwrap and go over in more detail.
From Top To Bottom
Look at that. Kind of pretty looking, right? Little pretty looking, huh? I don’t know what Vaporesso was thinking when they sent me this, I don’t know, turquoise, I don’t know. Not my style, that’s for sure. But let’s put it on deck for a second.
First, let’s go over the mod. Like I said, nice, pretty, pretty color. It’s so pretty. Got some kind of checkerboard effect going on on the chrome there. One thing’s for sure, man. This thing is a fingerprint magnet at least where the metal part is. But like I said, very, very pretty. Micro USB port right there, LED indicator right there.
There is your power button. Five clicks on, five clicks off. A little bit of Vaporesso extra branding right there. I don’t mind it. It is very subtle. On top here you got a little piece for a lanyard. Funny thing is there’s no lanyard in the box. So that’s a bad job, Vaporesso. Why put it there if you’re not going to include a lanyard.
Here is your pod right here. You can see pretty clear, man. You definitely be able to see your juice level in there. I dig that. I like that. Pops out just like that. Now, let’s go over the pod. Got this little sticky here to stop it from firing accidentally. Got to take that off in order to fire the coil. Once you take that off, you see two gold plated contacts right there.
They are going to make contact with the two contacts on the bottom. You could also see these two magnets. You can see the pod does slip in and out rather nicely. A little bit of wobble there. I don’t think it’s going to really affect you while you’re vaping but I got to point that out. It does have a little bit of a wiggle. I would have liked to have seen it a little stronger. Not going to lie.
Now, here’s the red fill port that I was telling you about. Also over here you can see it says 0.8ohm mesh coil. I like the way that’s clearly labeled. Nice job, Vaporesso. These are throwaway pods, you can’t open them up and replace the coil. I know it looks like a regular type of pod AIO coil, but you can’t do that. On this pod right here, see that little divot right there? You can get your finger right in there, and you can pop that right open and you can see a nice decent size fill port. One thing I really do like is there’s not a little tab on the end of the rubber piece. The rubber piece is actually held by this chrome ring. So that’s a nice job, Vaporesso. I like that a lot. This is the 0.8ohm mesh coil. I’m going to fill up this one with regular juice and then when I show you the other one, I’m going to fill that one up with nic salts.
Let me show you the 1.2ohm coil. So here’s the 1.2ohm coil, we’re going to pop it open. Big difference on this one is the cover is gray, indicating that it is in fact, the 1.2ohm coil. There’s also the labeling right there that lets you know this is the 1.2ohm pod. Same construction, gold plated, the whole 9 yards. Just a different resistance. Same little tab right there, get your finger underneath it, and just pop it open. I really like that. I like those little things that pay attention to detail. We’re going to fill this one up with some nic salts.
Juice we’re going to be using today is Batman’s juice. This is guava flaky pastry. This is the one I’m going to put in a 0.8ohm mesh coil. So let’s get that all the way back there just like that. We’re going to take off flaky guava pastry. Give it a nice squeeze and fill it up, get it all in there. Plenty of room to displace air. So that’s pretty good. And that’s just about filled up. We’re going to push our rubber piece back on and now you can see it’s pretty clear you can definitely see your juice level. Even if it’s below the mod, all you got to do is turn it upside down and all that juice goes into the mouthpiece and you can definitely see it. So we’re going to let that sit for a minute.
Nic salt we’re going to be using today is from Squid Industries. This is their spritz line. It’s called vanilla cookie. It’s a real solid vanilla cookie nic salt. If you like vanilla and cookies, definitely check this one out.
So now we’re going to hold a little tab back, stick a bottle in there and we’re just going to juice it up nice. Once it’s all juiced up, we’re going to take our rubber tab, put it back on, make sure it pops in there nice and snug and now you can see we’re all filled up with juice, we’re going to let that sit for a minute as well.
Once you’re all juiced up, turned the mod over, five clicks, you see the LED light come on right there, the one right next to the port. Now when this light is green, that means you’re at 71% to 100% as far as battery life goes. When it’s blue, you’re 31% to 70%. When it’s red, you’re at under 30% and it’s time to charge.
This does have a built in 900mAh battery. And the pods hold 2ml of juice. Like I said, when you’re running the 0.8ohm pod, you’re getting 16W. When you’re running the 1.2ohm pod, you’re getting a 11W. By the way, if I didn’t mention it already, this is a draw activated device.
Just want to give you a quick size comparison. This is the oh so popular Uwell Caliburn. A lot of people consider this the best pod device on the market. And of course, this is the Vaporesso Xtra. For some reason, Vaporesso was very keen on me comparing it to the Uwell Caliburn. So I’ll bite. When we go back on top, I’ll beat them both. I’ll let you know how it stacks up next to the Uwell Caliburn.
Vaporesso was kind of keen on me comparing this to the Uwell Caliburn. So that’s exactly what we’re going to do before I get into the cons and pros. So now when I compare this to the Caliburn, I’m not going to use the mesh pod, I’m going to use the round wire pod because that’s comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges. And when Vaporesso first asked me to do this, I was like, really, man? But then I was like, Okay, I get it, they want it, they want to compare it to one of the best mouth-to-lung systems ever produced. So I can totally understand that.
So I got the same juice in both pods. I got it in the Caliburn and I got it in the Xtra. Here is the Caliburn. Nice tight mouth-to-lung draw. Excellent flavor. There’s a reason why this is still one of the best systems on the market right now.
So now let’s compare the Xtra to that. Remember, same juice. I’m using the 1.2ohm coil so we can be fair about this. Very good flavor. I would say flavor is definitely comparable. The only thing about the Xtra is the draw, especially on this pod and this is the tightest pod out of the two pods in the kit. The draw is definitely slightly looser. But the flavor is definitely there with the Caliburn. So if you like the Caliburn or you’re going to have a tough time getting the Caliburn or pods for the Caliburn in the United States, you might want to check out the Xtra. It’s close. It’s not quite as good as far as the draw goes. As far as I’m concerned the caliburn had a perfect draw. But this is very close as far as the draw goes.
Let’s go over the specs on the Vaporesso Xtra.
- Dimensions: 73.9 x 16.7 x 38.2mm
- 16W Maximum Output
- Axion Chipset
- 900mAh Battery
- Three Color LED
- 2ml Capacity
- 1amp Charging
- Two pods in the kit, a 0.8ohm mesh that runs at 16W and a 1.2ohm round wire pod that runs at 11W
Don’t forget, Insiders! Head on over to our Facebook page. It’s very active, very simple and very newbie friendly. I’m there 24/7, I would love to see you there. We also started a brand new Reddit sub forum under the Vaping Insider name. Go over there and join up as well.
That’s it, Insiders, that’s all I got for you guys today. Now, more than ever, you keep living that vape life. I’m out. Deuces.
- No Leaking
- Two pods in the Kit
- Very Smooth Airflow
- Super Simple to Use
- Good Flavor
- Lots of Choices
- Auto Draw
- 2ml Capacity
- Good battery life (900mAh)
- Compact and Pocketable
- Power Button on the Bottom
- Pods Wiggle a Bit
- No Type C Charging