Five-Star Rating System
Before I even get into the rating system, I will tell you this. I like the Vaporesso Target PM80 kit. I like this kit a lot. I like the coils. I actually like this better than the RPM80, the internal battery one. I hope they do make an external battery version of the Target PM80 kit. I hope they do it in 21700 form factor because I’d love that.
I love the looks of the Vaporesso Target PM80. It’s sleek, slender, and classy-looking. That nice, bright screen just jumps out at you. I think Vaporesso did a really nice job with the looks of this. In the looks department, we’re going to give it a solid 4 stars.
As far as coil performance goes, I really like the GTX coils on the Vaporesso Target PM80. I’ve been vaping on both of them. They’re both fantastic. I would really like to try the mouth-to-lung coils, but the ones that I have tried so far, I got to give them a 4 star rating. They’re good coils.
This is where the Vaporesso Target PM80 is going to lose a lot of points. There’s no adjustable airflow on this. You’re just basically stuck with whatever airflow the coil that you’re running has. That’s unacceptable for a device like this, especially when you compare it to the RPM80 that does have adjustable airflow. So I got a ding them in this category. They’re just getting 2 stars.
As far as value goes, I’ve been seeing the Vaporesso Target PM80 anywhere from $20-35. I’m going to tell you right now, if you can pick this pod mod up for a twenty buck chuck, you’re going to get yourself some really nice vape quality. It’s an awesome value at that price point. $25, it’s still a good value. Honestly, though, I wouldn’t pay over $30 for it. That’s just my opinion. But in the value department, we’re going to give it a solid 4 stars as well.
Add all these stars up, you get a total star score of 14. We’re going to take these 14 stars, we’re going to divide them by four, and we’re going to come up with an overall score of 3.5 stars for the Vaporesso Target PM80, which puts this kit one full star above what I consider average. The Vaporesso Target PM80 is an above-average kit. I’ve been enjoying it a lot.
Let’s go over the pros for the Vaporesso Target PM80 because it does have a lot of pros. Despite its’ flaws, the Vaporesso Target PM80 is a very solid system.
- Clear Tank Section: Look at that nice, clear tank section for the Target PM80. I can see my juice level. I don’t got to pull the pot out. Awesome job, Vaporesso.
- Coils Take Advantage of the Mod’s Wattage Capacity: I like the fact that the coils for the Vaporesso Target PM80 take advantage of the wattage capabilities of the mod. I can go up to like 60W with some of these coils. Unlike something like the RPM40 that goes up to 40W, but I could only do 25W with the coils that they included. I hope they come out with a bigger coil for this. I hope they come out with a 18650 version or even a 21700 version. I’d like to see that with a bigger coil.
- Axon Chipset: The Target PM80 has that Axon chipset. That’s a great chipset by Vaporesso.
- Pocketable: The Vaporesso Target PM80 is pocketable.
- Power-to-Size Ratio: Love the power-to-size ratio on the Target PM80. This little thing does 80W. Awesome job, Vaporesso.
- Nice Capacity: The Vaporesso Target PM80 has a nice capacity.
- Form Factor & Build Quality: I like the form factor and build quality for the Vaporesso PM80. Both are pros.
- Great Flavor: Both of those GTX coils in the Vaporesso Target PM80 give you great flavor. I’ve been enjoying it. I vaped this using the 0.2ohm coil at 55W. There’s nothing wrong with the clouds it produces at 55W. Flavor is there, and its fully saturated. I used Johnny’s Juice Havana Hooker while vaping, and I know that juice well. It tastes fantastic in the Target PM80.
- 5 Coils Available: I like the fact that Vaporesso has five coils available for the Target PM80 kit, plus an RBA option. I wish the RBA option was included, but the fact that they have five different coils and they do have mouth-to-lung coils for it is definitely a pro.
- 2Amp Fast Charging: The Vaporesso Target PM80 has 2amp fast charging. Even though it’s not Type-C micro usb, it charges fast. I know I killed them on the fact that it doesn’t have type-c charging. And for me, that’s more of a convenience thing than anything else because my phone has type-c charging so I’ve type-c wires all over the place. So I’d like to see that type of charging. However, I will give Vaporesso a pro because even though it’s not Type-c, it does have 2amp charging and that’s awesome. This thing charges fast.
Let’s go over the cons for the Vaporesso Target PM80
- RBA Section Not Included in Kit: The Vaporesso Target PM80 has an RBA section available for it but it’s not included in the kit. That’s a con. It might have come out after the mod actually came out. I don’t care: if you release kits like this and you’re going to do an RBA section, don’t do it as an aftermarket piece. You got to include it in the kit. It’s a con. I’m going to hand out cons to all the companies that have systems like this and release a pod later. I think it’s a bunch of BS.
- No Mouth to Lung Coil: What about the mouth-to-lung people? The two coils included in the Vaporesso Target PM80 kit were kind of really the same, just a little bit lower or a higher wattage. You should have put a mouth-to-lung coil in this kit, Vaporesso.
- No Type-C Charging: There’s no type-c charging for the Vaporesso Target PM80, that’s a con.
- No Adjustable Airflow: No adjustable airflow for the Vaporesso Target PM80, that’s probably the biggest con out of all of them.
- Drip Tip is Not Replaceable: The Vaporesso Target PM80 only has a fixed drip tip. That’s a con.
- Fill Port Placement: I wish they put the fill port on the top of the Target PM80. Why didn’t you put the fill port on the top, Vaporesso? You had plenty of room here, why do I have to take the pod out in order to fill it. It makes no sense. You had plenty of real estate.
But that’s it on the cons. Some real nitpicky stuff. The biggest one is probably the lack of airflow.
What’s going on, Insiders? DeucesJack at Vaping Insider. Today, we’re going to review a pod mod, pod AIO, whatever you want to call it.
We’re talking about the Vaporesso Target PM80.
From Top to Bottom
Check that Vaporesso Target PM80 out. Is that a nice looking mod or what? Look at that. I think they did a bang-up job with that black carbon fiber look and gunmetal finish. Just look at it, simply awesome.
I’ve been rocking a second Target PM80, one with a green design, but with the same gunmetal type of finish. Just beautiful. Both of them are absolutely gorgeous. There’s a little bit of Vaporesso Target PM80 branding to the side.
Nice, clear tank right there so you can see your juice level. Drip tip is not removable, but it’s 510ish so I don’t mind it. And the other reason I don’t mind it is because Vaporesso actually gave you two pods. So that’s awesome. You can carry a different flavor with you if you want to. Really, really nice job on that.
You can see that fire button right there. It’s got a little bit of a raise, nice and clicky. Same thing with the plus and minus buttons, got a little bit of a raise. On the bottom, we got a little bit of venting going on right there. Over here, a little bit of Vaporesso branding right there. Nice, smooth finish on the carbon fiber. It actually feels really nice. It’s a sticker but it’s a nice quality sticker, it really is. Over here is where you’re getting your airflow from.
Let’s pop this tank out. Let me show it to you. Two nice, strong magnets on the bottom side. This is where you push your coil into. Right here is your fill port right there. Nice and big enough to displace air. I like the way it swings out of the way, but it still stays attached. Nice job on that. It’s also got a nice bevel on it. Like a little edge here, see that? So you can really get a grip and just pop it off. You don’t need no girly nails for it. I like that. Really nice job on the fill port cap, Vaporesso.
The coils that come in the Vaporesso Target PM80 kit, this is the 0.2ohm mesh, good for 45-60W.
Check it out. Nice, nice, little mesh coil. Very much similar to like, the RPM coils we’ve seen already. Very, very easy to install. You just pop them in there like so. And that’s it. Plug-and-play.
The second coil that you get is the 0.3ohm mesh coil. This is good for 32-45W. Same thing, different type of mesh. Runs at a little lower wattage. Honestly, though, I wouldn’t run nic salts on these coils. The resistance is a little too low. If I was you, if you want that nic hit, double up on your nic. In other words, if you normally vape 3, vape a 6. Or just use regular juice in here. That’s what I would do.
Again, you do get two pods included in the Vaporesso Target PM80 kit. So that is really cool.
Let me show you the screen on the Vaporesso Target PM80.
You can see, there’s your battery meter. Over there in the corner is your mode right there, wattage. It says 35W. You can see, it tells you what coil you have in there, best from 45-60W. It knows I have the 0.2ohm coil in there. There’s your voltage, there’s your puffs, there’s your puff counter in seconds. Here is your adjustment buttons up, you can see it scrolls all the way up to max power, which is 80W. When you go down, it goes down in 1W increments. However, if you hit the button one at a time, it goes down in half watt increments. We’re going to bring it back up to the 60W level right there. And that’s basically it.
3 clicks locks it. 3 clicks unlocks it. Hit the plus and minus button together, and now you can scroll between the different menu settings. You can see, you got variable wattage, variable voltage, smart variable wattage, puff counter, theme, which is where you can change your colors to blue, pink, green. We’ll put it on blue. There’s your default settings. There’s your exit right there. That’s what it looks like in blue. Hit the plus or minus button together again. You can see, that’s your variable wattage. Go down to variable voltage. You can run it in voltage mode if you want. Go down the smart variable wattage. If you go inside of that, you hit yes and it’ll suggest the proper wattage for you. You noticed, I had it on 60, now went to 55. Hit the plus or minus button again, there’s your puff information and your exit. And that’s basically it, folks. That’s the whole menu system for the Target PM80. Pretty simple, only wattage mode or voltage mode, which a lot of voltage people are going to like. You can override the smart feature and crank it up to 60 if you want to, no problems with that at all.
Just to give you a size comparison, this is the Vaporesso Target PM80, and this is the Smok RPM80.
Very, very similar devices. I think the Vaporesso is a little classier looking. This one’s definitely a little bulkier. Very, very, very similar mods. You can see, they both got color screens, they both got that tiny font. Very, very similar. I do like the Vaporesso Target PM80 a little better. It’s a little smaller and I like the coils a little better.
What’s In The Box
Also included in the package, you get a Target PM80 owner’s manual, you get some warranty stuff, you get an anti counterfeit card, and you get a rather nice braided micro USB cable.
- Dimensions: 102 x 24.8 x 33.4mm
- Battery: 2000 mAh
- Screen Display: 0.96inch TFT
- color display
- Charging: 2amp charging
- Wattage: 80W maximum output
- Juice Capacity: 4ml
- Coils Included: 2 coils; 0.2ohm mesh coil (45-60W) & 0.3om mesh coil (30-45W)
Be sure to click here to join our Facebook group for more exclusive behind-the-scenes content.
And that’s it for the Vaporesso Target PM80 review, Insiders. That’s all I got for you today. You keep living that vape life. We’re out of here. Deuces.
- Clear Tank Section
- Coils Take Advantage of the Mod's Wattage Capacity
- Axon Chipset
- Power-to-Size Ratio
- Nice Capacity
- Form Factor & Build Quality
- Great Flavor
- 5 Coils Available
- 2 Amp Fast Charging
- RBA Section Not Included in Kit
- No Mouth to Lung Coil
- No Type-C Charging
- No Adjustable Airflow
- Drip Tip is Not Replaceable
- Fill Port Placement