Five-Star Rating System
We’re going to add all these stars up, we’re going to come up with a total star count of 17 stars. We’re going to take those 17 stars, we’re going to divide them by 4 and we’re going to come up with an average score of 4 and a quarter stars. And let me tell you something, this thing deserves that score. It’s a fantastic little pod system. Beautiful form factor. It performs well. This is one of my go to pods. It’s not going on the shelf anytime soon.
First category is the looks. I love it. It’s sleek, it’s sexy, it’s classy. I love the looks at this thing. It’s getting a solid 4.5 stars.
It’s fantastic. I’m getting great flavor and great longevity off of it. The 0.3ohm coil is fine. I haven’t tried the 1.4 mouth-to-lung coil yet. And there is an available RBA base for it. So in the coil performance department, we’re going to give it another 4.5 stars.
As far as the airflow goes, it’s smooth, it’s adjustable. What more can you ask for from a little pod system like this? I’m digging the airflow on it. I’m giving it 4 stars.
I’ve been seeing this thing anywhere from $38-45. I have to say, I think it’s a pretty good value. When you figure into the equation, the actual vape quality that you get off of this thing, it does perform beautifully. It’s getting another 4 stars.
- Form Factor: First pro is going to be, look at the size, look at the form factor of this thing, man. It’s barely bigger than a single 18650 battery. Bang up job, Oxva.
- Great Flavor: on this thing. The coils on this thing just rock. I’m enjoying the hell out of it. Check this baby out. Oh yeah, man. Ain’t nothing wrong with that. And the flavor, the flavor is just rockin ‘, man. Awesome, awesome job, Oxva.
- No Leaks: Up to this day it’s dry, it’s dry as a bone, no leaks whatsoever. You can fill it while the pod is installed. I love that. That’s a pro.
- Takes a Single 18650 Battery:: I already touched on it, it takes a single 18650 battery. That’s awesome, man. and it only goes up to 40W so you get great battery life. It’s a pro that it’s swappable, it’s a pro that it takes an 18650 at all. Really, really nice and well thought out. I love it.
- Auto Detects your Coil.
- 2amp Charging is on Deck
- Adjustable Airflow.
- Super Sleek: And this thing is super, super sleek. I love the carbon fiber one. The carbon fiber one is just classy looking, man. This thing is just really nice to hold. It’s very, very pocketable. I think from an exterior aesthetics point of view, they did an awesome job on this thing.
- Proprietary Drip: First con is going to be and I pointed it out down low, that proprietary drip tip. Bad job, man. Not only is it proprietary, you only get one. So if you lose that one, you are SOL, baby. First of all, it shouldn’t have been proprietary. Why don’t you just go with a 510? Second of all, if you’re going to go that route, you need to put at least two in there, Oxva.
- No Type-C Charging. Yes, it’s got 2amp charging, but it’s not type-c. I hate devices that are not type-c. My phone is type-c, all the wires around my house are type-c, I want my new mods coming out to be type-c. It’s not that hard. Get it done, China.
- Battery Markings: Black on black. Come on, man. You know better than that. They got to be more distinctive. It’s a con.
- Fire Button: That fire button. It’s got that little indent, which you would think would make it easier to find, but I’m really not hitting it with the point of my finger. I’m normally hitting it with the side of my thumb, and I find myself missing a lot of times. I wish instead of being indented I wish it protruded more. It’s a nitpicky con, but it’s something that’s been bothering me as I’ve been using it.
What’s up, Insiders? DeucesJack at Vaping Insider. Today, we’re going to be going over a single 18650 pod. This one was designed by the OG designer of the Geekvape Aegis. I’m talking about the Oxva Origin.
From Top To Bottom
This is a single 18650 pod. Check out the packaging on this thing, man. They did a nice job on the packaging. Look at that. Very, very nice.
Check that out, man. Let’s take a look at this thing. That’s kind of sexy looking. I’m not going to lie. I would definitely rock that. I like that white and blue. We got other colors too that I’ll show you in a minute.
You can see, you got this kind of indented fire button right here. And sometimes it can be a pain in the neck to find. Sometimes I find myself pressing over here. But it works. It’s nice and clicky. This is just an up button. There is your screen right there. There is your micro USB port, by the way, 2amp charging on deck even though it’s a micro USB port. Oxva branding over here.
That’s where you get your airflow. There’s your juice sight glass window. Kind of neat. They put open over here, you stick your little fingernail in there, pop that bad boy open. And this is plastic, but it got nice magnets and the door does click on rather nicely. It doesn’t move, it doesn’t go nowhere, man. Nice job on the door.
The door is plastic but they did a solid job with it. There’s your battery strap. There’s your magnets on the mod. Your chipset is obviously behind here. Gold plated, spring loaded contacts. Negative side up when you put the battery in. Battery indicator markings, black on black. That is a con. You just cannot do that.
Now, when you get to the pod, you got this little cutout right here, dig your finger in there and pop that bad boy out.
Nice, clear pod. I like the way they did that. Nice job. Over here you got your little fingernail tab, your little rubber gasket. You pull that up, and now you can fill it all up. It’s a little tough sometimes to get back in at first but once you get some juice on it, it’ll pop right in, but it sits nice and flush.
There’s your air hole right there. Adjustable airflow with stoppers on it. I like that. A little bit of knurling. Kind of get your finger in there, dig out the coil. It’s one of those plug and play coils.
So here’s the coil. This is the one that comes pre installed, 30-40W, 0.3ohms. Nice little mesh pattern in there. This is my favorite coil.
I love running this coil at around 35W. The flavor is just banging. The other coil you get in the kit is the 0.5ohm coil, good for 20-25W. It’s also a mesh. This one’s good too, but I like the other one better. The other one is definitely more my style.
So like I said, in order to put this thing back together, it’s a plug and play style coil. What I would suggest is that you put the airflow towards the edge here because you want it closer to the holes and the mod so you can get the maximum amount of airflow going through there. The only bad thing about the adjustability of the airflow is you do have to pull the pod out to make your adjustments. I wish there was a way to do it without pulling your pod out. But at least it is adjustable.
Now in order to get this thing back in, you kind of want to catty corner it in there like that. I mean, you just kind of finagle it, it gets a little tough sometimes. Pop it in there, just like that. Those contacts will loosen up over time and you’ll be able to get it in and out easier.
Now, here’s another con I wanted to point out. This is a proprietary drip tip. The designer of the Aegis is the guy who designed this and he should have definitely known better. It does have a 510 type of bore. The problem is it’s proprietary, and there’s only one in the box. So if you lose this, you’re SOL, baby.
Let me show you the one I’ve been using in order to go over the menu system. This is the red and black one. You can see, got a battery in there. Does have a nice heft to it while you got the battery in there. Five clicks on, you can see the Oxva splash screen, and boom, it boots up right away. Now check out that screen right there. You can see my wattage, my voltage, my resistance, my battery, and Oxva had to put their name on the screen. What is going on with these companies putting their name on the screen? Why? Why are you taking up valuable screen space with your name on the screen? It’s really starting to get annoying. It’s a trend I’ve been seeing coming out of China. And it’s starting to annoy the hell out of me. We don’t want to see your company name on the screen. Rant over.
You can see the fire button, like I showed you earlier, has got an indent in it. This is an up button only and there is your micro USB port. Let me show you how this works. It scrolls up. When you get to maximum power, you get to 40W. It does round robin. Scrolls rather quickly. No issues with that. But it’s only in one direction. So just keep that in mind. Let me put this at 38W.
The only other thing you can do besides shut it off is you can hit the up button and the fire button and it’ll lock the mod. Which is kind of useless because now I can’t fire it. And now I can’t adjust the power. They should have made that only lock the up button, not the power button. Because if I really want to lock it, I don’t need to do that, I can just hit the button five times and shut it off. But that’s a very nitpicky minor complaint. But I would like to have a lock feature on the wattage button, that’s for sure. And that’s it, folks. That’s the whole menu system.
I wanted to give you a quick size comparison to the Voopoo Drag X. And the reason I wanted to do that is because the Drag X is also a single 18650 mod. Look how much smaller. I mean, yeah, it’s just as wide but it’s definitely slimmer in the hand. Definitely feels sleeker than the Voopoo Drag X. I gotta tell you, man. From a form factor standpoint, I am very impressed with this Oxva Origin.
Let’s get into some of the specs on the Oxva Origin pod system.
Don’t forget, Insiders! Head on over to our Facebook community, the Vaping Insider community. VIC, baby. It’s an awesome place. The feed flies, we’re 11,000 strong, very newbie friendly, very civil. I would love to see you there. I’m there all the time. We also started a brand new Vaping Insider Reddit sub forum. We would love to see you there as well.
That’s it, Insiders! That’s all I got for you guys today. Remember, you keep living that vape life. We’re out of here. Deuces.
- Form Factor
- Great Flavor
- No Leaks
- Takes a Single 18650 Battery
- Auto Detects your Coil
- 2amp Charging is on Deck
- Adjustable Airflow
- Super Sleek
- Proprietary Drip
- No Type-C Charging
- Battery Markings
- Fire Button