Five-Star Rating System
We’re going to add all these stars up, we’re going to get a total star count of 16.5 stars. We’re going to take those 16.5 stars, we’re going to divide them by four, and we’re going to come up with a total star average of 4.125. Definitely one of the better scores I’ve ever handed out on a sub ohm tank. This one is DeucesJack approved. I’m going to clarify that, again, I’m not a top airflow guy, in general, this is the best top airflow tank on the market right now, that takes factory coils.
I love the looks of this things, especially love the looks of it with the bubble glass on its beefy and Meaty looking. It’s 25 millimeters so it’ll look great on most mods in the looks department, I got to give it a solid 4 stars.
From what I got, I can only test what they put in front of me. And like I said, my coils have had no issues. I like that Clapton mesh. I’m getting great flavor on it. I can’t wait to get the updated coils, the regular mesh is fine as well. I can’t complain about the flavor I got on it even though I haven’t tried the new coils yet. In the coil performance department, I got to give it another solid 4 stars.
It’s got that nice swishy sound, got a little bit of restrictiveness to it which I like. Which is kind of like MikeVapes’ thing. He likes DL but a restricted do, I think he did a bang up job on the airflow. On the airflow, I gotta give this one, 4.5 stars.
Now this one’s kind of weird because I’ve seen this thing on sale lately, for like 14, bucks. I’ve been seeing anywhere from $14-32, okay. If you can get this thing for under 20 bucks, it’s a steal. It’s a huge, huge win if you’re in the 20 to $25 range. I still think it’s a very good price in the value department, especially if you score it on the low end of the spectrum. I gotta give this another 4stars.
- Three coils in the Box: First pro is going to be, right off the jump, baby. Three coils in the box. I love it, pro
- Nice Capacity, especially with the bubble glass, that’s a pro.
- Nice Build Quality. Love that half a turn top cap. Awesome job, Augvape.
- Nice Tolerances. The AFC has a nice movement to it. All the O-rings are nice and tight. Nice job on that, Augvape.
- Top Airflow Sub Ohm Tank: I gotta say it and this is a huge pro, in my opinion, this is the best top airflow sub ohm tank on the market right now, bar none. That is a pro.
- That Clapton Mesh that Mike came up with, nice design, really digging it, you can definitely tell the difference in flavor between that coil and the regular mesh. It’s a nice vape. It’s a pro.
- Good Flavor/Leak Proof: last pro is going to be, and you guys know I’m not a top airflow guy. But for you, top airflow peeps, you are definitely going to like this tank, it’s got really. And the big benefit of top airflow is this thing is not going to leak.
- Not the Final Product: Now, the first con is going to be a little bit wordy and let me explain why. Normally, when I do a review, I don’t watch other reviewers unless there’s another reviewer’s name on that product, then I will watch that presentation video in order to kind of get in their head and see where they were at when they created whatever they created. And I did that with this tank as well. I watched MikeVapes’ original presentation video and I watched the update that he just put out. So that’s why this con I had to explain. I like the new Clapton mesh coils that I showed you down low. I had no issues with mine. I had no dry hits whatsoever. I have not gotten the new ones that Mike says are out, and are machine made. He made another presentation video because some reviewers complained about getting dry hits. Believe me, guys, if I got dry hits, I would tell you. I did not get any dry hits on the coils that were in my box. That being said, Mike says the new coils are even better, and that Augvape is sending them to me. I haven’t got them yet, but I can’t wait to try them. So I got to say that I can’t give a final opinion on the Clapton mesh coils, because I don’t have the final product so that’s what I’m talking about as a con. The fact that I can’t review the final product. It’s not anybody’s fault. I just got to let the subs know that the retail version that you get might have coils that are actually better than the ones that I tested.
- Short Drip Tip: Second con is going to be, you guys know, I’m not a short drip tip guy. That drip tip is a little too short for me. Easily remedied, you can put your own drip tip on it, but I wish it was a tad longer.
- Cooler Vape: last con is going to be, because it’s top airflow, you’re going to get a cooler vape than normal. The vape isn’t as hot as something from like a bottom airflow sub ohm tank. You’re just not getting that heat, and that’s inherent because it’s top airflow. If you like a cool vape, it’s not a con for you. Me, I wish it was a little warmer
What’s going on, Insiders? DeucesJack at Vaping Insider. Today, I got a brand new leak proof top airflow sub ohm tank for you. We’re going to be talking about the Augvape iNtake Sub Ohm tank. That’s right, I said iNtake. It’s a collaboration between Augvape and MikeVapes. I don’t know about you, but I was pretty excited about this one. MikeVapes normally comes out with some good stuff.
What’s in the Box
Got some books and shit in here, and you got some spare o-rings. Let’s check this thing out. Bubble glass on deck, two coils, I like that. Actually, three coils.
There’s one in the tank. Nice job on that. There’s your bubble glass right there. We’ll probably install that. Here is your tank with a coil in it already. Nice job, we’ll take a closer look at it.
And here are your two coils. I don’t know if you can read that writing. That’s got to be some of the worst writing I’ve ever seen on a coil. This is the 0.2ohm kanthal mesh, Clapton, they’re calling it. Good for 60-75W.
I don’t know if you can see that in there. I don’t know if the cameras picking it up well. But you see that right there. You see how he kind of made like it’s almost like a round wire build, but with a wave in it. And that’s what MikeVapes is calling the Clapton mesh. Kind of cool, the way he did it. Definitely innovative, that’s for sure. See right there you get a better shot at it. It’s kind of like a round wire, but with a wave in it, or kind of like a mesh strip, but without the other half going through, without the up and down going through the mesh. It’s just going across. So that’s kind of cool, the way they did that. Definitely, definitely different. I can’t wait to vape on it. Now, from what I’ve heard, I’ll address this a bit more in the up top, but from what I’ve heard, some people are getting dry hits on these coils and these were actually hand made. They weren’t factory made. MikeVapes did an update video and said the factory coils are much better. So, I will definitely talk about it on the up top, but this is the Clapton mesh and it’s definitely different. Kudos to Augvape and MikeVapes for doing something different, and being innovative.
The second coil that’s not in the tank is the 0.15ohm mesh coil, and this one is good for 60-75W, also. Typical looking mesh coil in there.
From Top to Bottom
Let’s go over the tank and then we’ll see what coil is inside it as well. Here’s the tank. You can see the bottom, all solid. A little bit of a design there. Same thing with the top. On the top is where your airflow is. That’s an iNtake thing. A little bit stiff, but it’ll probably loosen up once you get some juice on it. It is adjustable, stoppers on both sides. I do like this little bit grip here, this little bit of knurling, that’s kind of nice.
Wide bore 810 goon style drip tip. You can see the o-ring on the inside. That’s what you expect from MikeVapes, he likes these types of drip tips.
Top cap has kinda like a quarter turn, but it’s very, very tight. It just came out in a box. See that? Bang. Boom. It’ll probably loosen up once you juice it up a little bit, but it is very, very tight.
You can see, you got this black rubber gasket. Two fill ports over here, one to actually stick your bottle in, the other one is going to displace air. I have the straight glass. We’re going to take that off in a minute. Top cap seems to be nice and clean, nice and cleanly machined. You can see, these two little points right here, that is where that half a turn comes in or quarter of a turn. And that’s what’s going to lock your top cap down, it’s going to lock it down from there.
Let’s take the bottom off. Just like every other sub Ohm tank, pump the bottom off, gold plated bottom right there, that’s going to make contact with your coil, and that’s what’s going to fire your coil. Actually, threading here, really nice and smooth. Nice job on that.
On the bottom, you got a gold plated 510, insulator ring around it, stainless steel threading around that. It’s serialized and it has MikeVapes logo right there.
Pop this thing off and it’s got one of those plug and play style coils. Just pops out, just like that. I don’t know, let’s see if this is actually a different coil, or is it the same coil, one of the same that was in the box. This is the 0.2ohm Clapton mesh, 60-75 watts, this is the same one that was in the box.
See this little space right here? I actually had to put this thing in the freezer, in order to get this glass off. This glass is super, super tight, man. I mean, it is on there. Look at it, it just doesn’t, there’s just not a lot of room. It just doesn’t come off easy. So just be very well aware of that, that if you get this and you want to swap out the bubble glass, this thing is super tight. One other thing I wanted to show you was this airflow ring actually comes off. So if you want to clean it, you can clean it. It goes back on pretty easy. But while we got everything apart, let’s take a look at this thing.
Kind of interesting how he did this. So here’s where you get your airflow coming in through here, up these flat tubes, which is kind of ingenious because it looks like a cage, and then your airflows coming out of here. It’s a very nice job. Interesting, interesting design. And of course, over here, these are your fill ports right here. See that in there? Those are your fill ports, right there. Let’s pop this bubble glass on right here. And again, the bubble glass is going to go on slow as well. Pop it on, just like that. Now it’s nice and tight. Now we’re going to take our Clapton mesh, and we’re going to fill that thing up. We’re going to prime it, and then we’re going to fill the tank up.
Juice we’re going to be using today is That 1 Vape churros and ice cream, actually a really nice juice. So the first thing we’re going to do with this Clapton mesh, we’re going to get some juice on that cotton.
We’re going to get it started, just put it right around the rim there, maybe put a little in the middle, get it nice and saturated. That’s how you want it, just like that. Then go to your juice ports right here, which to be honest with you, is surprisingly small. I thought they’d be bigger. And you just paint them up, just like that. And now maybe you want to come back here and put some more juice around the rim. Get it nice and mixed up in there. Now you take your Prime’s coil. And you just pop it in there. Plug and play, baby. Just like that. Now we’re going to take our base, and we’re going to screw it right on. Do a little reverse thread, let it catch. And there you go, nice and smooth.
Now we’re going to take our juice bottle and shove it in there. We give it a good squeeze, fill that big ass bubble glass up. Get that thing nice and filled up, and this thing seems like it takes a lot of juice with the bubble glass. I’ll have the stats for you at the end of the video, of course. We’re going to fill it up, fill it up. We’re going to keep filling it until we get to the top right there. And the other thing I would do, put a little juice around this part right here just so your top cap maybe slides a little better. Put your top cap on there, it’s going to click down, and then twist. Just like that. Basically, half a turn. And now she’s all filled up and juiced up.
Let’s go over some of the specs on the Augvape iNtake sub ohm tank.
- It measures in at 25mm, and it’s 15.3mm high.
- 5mls with the bubble, 3.5mls with the straight glass.
- Top airflow, no leak design. Three coils are in the kit
- 2.2ohm Clapton mesh coils and 1.15ohm mesh coil.
- It is available in stainless steel, gunmetal and black.
Be sure to click the link here to join our Facebook group for more exclusive behind the scenes content. Don’t forget, Insiders, click the thumbnail right here to watch our Best Pods of 2020 video.
And that’s it, Insiders, that’s all I got for you today. You keep living that vape life, we’re out of here. Deuces.
- Three coils in the Box
- Nice Capacity
- Nice Build Quality
- Nice Tolerances
- O-rings are Nice and Tight
- Top Airflow Sub Ohm Tank
- Clapton Mesh
- Good Flavor
- Leak Proof
- Not the Final Product
- Short Drip Tip
- Cooler Vape